Roomster Scout - Ownership Experience

MusicalSkoda

OctaviaT81:

hows the ownership experience going?

Pretty damn good, so far! Not done 90 miles yet but I love driving it, the extra height over my Fabia is nice and I actually like the slight roll in corners! The seats are supportive and very comfortable.

The 1.9 diesel isn't the sweetest but provides plenty of ooomph. After my petrol cars it's obviously notably noisier and the vibrating clutch takes some getting used to. Rear Parking sensors I went for are whilst not absolutely necessary still reassuring and work well.

I've not had a serious play yet with some of the equipment and so the climatronic is still a mystery. I'd like to just set it to Auto and forget it but the fan seems to be on too high when I do that and if I turn it down it deactivates Auto mode. I guess that the temperature is still regulated though.

Page 36 and Page 40 of the manual seem to have the same illustration to accompany info about the alarm (the Scout has an alarm, right?) and the interior boot release. I'm confused as to what exactly I'd be affecting by touching that button. It sure doesn't seem to open the boot! But again, more play time required!

Loving the audio equipment. Very impressed indeed. Great sound and hooking up my Zune (mp3 player) is dead easy. I plumped for the short audio lead and place the player in the rear drink holder. Sounds fantastic.

The clonking on full steering lock seems to have gone, so not quite sure what it was but glad it's not there anymore. Plus changing from 5th to 4th which was so stiff that I was left wondering the gearbox had 'broken' on the way home from the dealer, as it seemed to shift into no-mans land (neither 4th, 5th or neutral seemed to be selected) is now getting sweeter.

So, I'm left delighted so far with the Roomi Scout, love the way it looks and drives and looking forward to getting to grips with some of the things that are still baffling me! (I guess it's back to War and Peace, otherwise known as the manual!).

I can't wait for the brakes to bed in - that extra pressure on the pedal that's required at this stage is not reassuring!

Oh - and importantly not a rattle or squeak is to be heard so far :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've not had a serious play yet with some of the equipment and so the climatronic is still a mystery. I'd like to just set it to Auto and forget it but the fan seems to be on too high when I do that and if I turn it down it deactivates Auto mode. I guess that the temperature is still regulated though.

I just leave mine on AUTO all the time, the fan speed can seem high but it continuously adjusts.

Page 36 and Page 40 of the manual seem to have the same illustration to accompany info about the alarm (the Scout has an alarm, right?) and the interior boot release. I'm confused as to what exactly I'd be affecting by touching that button. It sure doesn't seem to open the boot! But again, more play time required!

That button switches of the interior sensors.

Loving the audio equipment. Very impressed indeed. Great sound and hooking up my Zune (mp3 player) is dead easy. I plumped for the short audio lead and place the player in the rear drink holder. Sounds fantastic.

I really need a longer lead, as I have a front armrest you cannot place an MP3 player anywhere. I have to wedge my iPod in between the handbrake and armrest bracket, not ideal :(

I can't wait for the brakes to bed in - that extra pressure on the pedal that's required at this stage is not reassuring!

You do get used to them :) although if you decide to get a remap more powerful brakes or pads will be required.

Des

Thanks for coming back to me Des. So there's no interior boot release switch? If not, I miss it :(

As for a remap...if it costs more money, then definitely not!! :rolleyes:

Will persevere with the 'auto' setting on the climatronic, maybe I haven't been on long enough journeys yet for it to settle down.