vRS - knocking noise

Flanno

So after Gaff helping me solve the rear seat clip noise issue, there is a knocking noise coming from rear of car on drivers side. It actually is not that loud and it's not coming from under car it seems. It sounds like the parcel shelf is bouncing up and down (but obviously isn't), and only happens when driving at low speeds...doesn't matter much if ground is smooth though uneven ground makes it worse. Can't see anything wrong with seats. Maybe it's the bolsters though. So next step is to remove them, and also get someone to sit in back of car. Is there any possibility you think that there is something up with the suspension. Car is used mainly for short journeys, decent quality roads, and only 7600 km up on it. I sure hope there isn't a bushel or something in the suspension acting up that is failing to dampen the road.

Yeah right :) I removed the bolster on the right side and refitted it. No difference. Put the seats down and up. Same result. Just gotta get someone to sit in back on passenger side and see where it is exactly.

To be honest if it's just the seat, then fine...I do turn the music up anyway.

But if it's something in the suspension that is not doing it's job, then I am concerned. I had a Fiat Bravo HGT before and after about 5000km the rear bushels had to be replaced. I hope it's not this problem.

What is strange is I only get the noise driving at slow speeds, and the road does not have to be bumpy. So it's beginning to sound more and more like a suspension issue to me.