Possible Group Buy: Rear ARB

kebaros

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWSOME GTI have just purchased all the remaining stock from whiteline on these ARB. They are doing a GB on them for £90+vat

Thats amazing, a half dozen posts ago they didnt do them :rolleyes::D but Kebaros' deal is slightly better and more ethical :D

All Gb`s MUST be OK`d by Adrian

It helps if you was to help sponsor the forum too

Not being funny , we do not do ARB`s for Fabia`s and am looking for one for my car (hint hint) but you do not want to get kicked off for this

Good luck

Sarah

On the 10/5 we did not do them

In the past 2 days we negotiated a deal from the UK Whiteline distributors which enables us to provide a "Discount" on the ARB`s

As I mentioned on the post I was not being funny and I still want one for my car and I do have my name down for the first

Sarah

You still looking into this Kebaros?

I am still tempted by one but xmas has me rooked so it will have to be next year. If anyone wants to carry this forward I would gladly give the details over but I got Whitelines email address from their website.

Please bear in mind all, that the Whiteline Polo 9N ARB will not fit straight onto the Fabia vRS (not sure about the lesser models) due to the rear beam being a bit too thick. You have to widen the U bolts that hold it on, and perhaps also the holes in the bush brackets too so that they all go round the beam.

Just a note really for people thinking these bars are Fabia vRS ones....they're not. :)

:D

Don't get me wrong, they do go on and they do have the desired effect but it just takes a bit of 'adjustment' for the fitting brackets to go over the rear beam.

I get the feeling the bar will have more effect on the lesser cars due to the beams being thinner in the first place. Perhaps explains why it's only 20mm too and not 23mm like the Jabba bar.......either that or the materials are better quality thus meaning similar levels of stiffness with less 'girth'. :D

Me and John will be doing a comparison anyway once mine is on after this Saturday. Hopefully his bald tyres won't subtract too much from the value of the results.....

:D

Don't get me wrong, they do go on and they do have the desired effect but it just takes a bit of 'adjustment' for the fitting brackets to go over the rear beam.

I get the feeling the bar will have more effect on the lesser cars due to the beams being thinner in the first place. Perhaps explains why it's only 20mm too and not 23mm like the Jabba bar.......either that or the materials are better quality thus meaning similar levels of stiffness with less 'girth'. :D

Me and John will be doing a comparison anyway once mine is on after this Saturday. Hopefully his bald tyres won't subtract too much from the value of the results.....

:rofl: Bald tyres soon to be gone :thumbup:

He he he....nice. :D

Found the limit of the Rainsports the other day. Just started to slide as I eased off. Too much salty muck on the road. Otherwise a very good tyre especially in the current weather. ;)

Will be interesting to see how they behave when the RARB is fitted. More dependency on the rear set. Will this make tyre wear more even between front and back I wonder?

He he he....nice. :D

Found the limit of the Rainsports the other day. Just started to slide as I eased off. Too much salty muck on the road. Otherwise a very good tyre especially in the current weather. ;)

Will be interesting to see how they behave when the RARB is fitted. More dependency on the rear set. Will this make tyre wear more even between front and back I wonder?

The ones i have on the back are still going good, even when nearly on the limit they grip like hell. the front keilber tyres are bloody carp and are always struggling for grip. :thumbdwn:

Heh....:D

I was actually thinking along the lines of evening things out a little. The fronts wear like mad and the rears hardly at all. Does the ARB slow the fronts and speed up the rears wear?

• 2 weeks later...