French buy Skoda shocker

Captain Chaos

Evening all,

I've just returned from a week in France, and sadly saw hardly any Skodas :thumbdwn: ... however, in amongst the wide range of Sh1troens, Pugs and Renaults my heart was lifted when I saw this shiny little example parked up in Poitiers.

Vive la France, and you've got to love their motorways, and that Super 98 petrol... :thumbup:

Chaos

http://www.briskoda.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=549&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=500

1348.attach

You tend to see the odd Fabia, and an occasional Octavia, but they're always, always diesels. I've also seen a few Octavia Taxi's but the French are very patriotic when it comes to buying cars.

Apart from, oddly enough, the number of Rovers you see, especially in the north.

What's THAT all about?

Phil :confused:

Well, in a week there I saw a diesel Felicia Estate and a diesel Fabia Estate(with stick on flowers on the back), but the only Octavias that I saw were around Calais and they were all British. One thing that did cheer me up was that as Tavia said that they the French do seem to buy predominately French cars, this does thankfully limit the amount of Fords on the roads.

Entertainingly, all of the Barryboys over there bomb around the town squares on scooters or on Sh1troen ZXs.

Did I mention how good their roads are?

Chaos

eR uMM

Just been down near the Spanish border & saw loads of them near Perpignon

Even found a Skoda dealer but no new Octy.

must be a regional thing. Mostly furbies but a few Octys, Even some of those Ambulance cars were Octys

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: Well, I'm afraid having just spent nearly a week in Spain, I can sadly report that despite seeing a few privately owned Fabias, the only Octavias that I saw in the whole time, were indeed taxis. I was surprised to see as many as I did, as I'd imagined that the favourite taxi choice would have been the Seat Toledo, but it looks like Skoda's must be as aggressively priced against Seat in Spain as they are here... :guapo: :confuse:

Chaos

1460.attach