Rear wash/wipe

GnatG

Quick question - is the rear washer jet meant to follow the wiper sweep, or should it spray water vertically only (as it does on my Polo)? SWMBO's fabia washer jet seems to be rotating to follow the wiper sweep....could be another trip to the dealers i fear.

The nozzle is a push-fit only and should spray vertically. Push it down carefully with a flat blade through the 'spray slot', or carefully unclip the plastic cover bit and push the nozzle in with a suitable appendage.

HTH :thumbup:

Vertical also - is it just me or is the rear wiper a total piece of cr*p? Mine makes a terrible noise and when I took it in, the dealer said that was normal.

I know they are generally prone to failure. T

he wiper blade doesn't work properly either even though it has been replaced three times.

Think I will maybe end up removing it all together and go for the smooth look. Anyone does this?

Sorry for Hi-jacking the thread somewhat ::o

Mark

Thanks for all the answers! Thought it should be vertical. Will have a fiddle with it during daylight hours. Hopefully nothing fell off as it's had some serious use in the last few days.

KLM: Have to agree with you - the rear wiper judders a lot and doesn't clear as well as the fronts. I put it down to having pretty much a vertical rear screen. If it's any consolation, the rear one on my Polo (6N1) is even worse! :eek: Having said that, I don't usually see too many cars out the back when I put my foot down (in the fabia, not in the Polo - only got 60 of the finest Spanish horses in that one)! :D

KLM and GnatG - have you seen the tech forum on rear window wiper blades being put on upside down in the factory? It seems odd, but mine juddered awfully until I saw the posts (thought it normal for 3 years!). Took off (just pulls) and put on other way up. No judder and nice clean window.

HTH

V

Thanks for all the answers! Thought it should be vertical. Will have a fiddle with it during daylight hours. Hopefully nothing fell off as it's had some serious use in the last few days.

Gnat, I'm fairly sure you have the same problem as me, the metal washer tube that runs through the centre of the motor shaft has seized and sheared, hence the top (nozzle) section is turning with the motor. If that's the case, VW used to do a repair kit for it, Skoda only sell the complete motor. I didn't know this at the time, so got a new motor off ebay. Even though it was a Polo motor and identical physically, it's different electronically (there is a chip in there!), so did a mix&match.

Haven't tried to sort this yet, will probably get a chance at the weekend....

Kwacka: When the tube sheared, did the washer still spray water onto the windscreen? Just getting a heads up before I try and sort it/take it to the dealers.

Haven't tried to sort this yet, will probably get a chance at the weekend....

Kwacka: When the tube sheared, did the washer still spray water onto the windscreen? Just getting a heads up before I try and sort it/take it to the dealers.

Yes it did, from when we bought the car - I remember thinking "that's a neat touch, the spray leads the wiper by an inch or so, what a good way of ensuring the blade is always wet" Not long after that it packed in, blocked by all the crud from the sheared shaft - DOH!!!!

Back to the dealers then! Wonder if they'll do it while I wait or if SWMBO will get another tangerine fab 2 courtesy car! Wouldn't mind them loaning us a VRs (Octy/furby) but that might be asking a bit much.... :D