judder setting off

orbital

hello people could somebody try to confirm for me that when cold first thing in the morning,i set off in first and the car judders.once upto normal temps it goes away:rolleyes: is this likley to be the dual mass flywheel? and if so will warranty cover me? ps,car is fabia vrs with 17k on the clock. cheers:)

Orbital

My Vrs used to do this until I had the brake fluid changed and the system bled of air. Would recommend this gets done as it improved the feel of the clutch no end.

Also, I was not giving it enough revs when I was hauling a full tank of diesel.

how strange zebra,had my 2nd year service last week and sure enough they changed the brake fluid! it did judder before that tbh but no where as bad.thanksfor your input.i'll see what happens in the morning and maybe take it to the steelers

i have kind of the same problem on mine. but mine is when im going to overtake and put my foot down without changing down it makes a mrr noise.

sorry if i have hi jacked the thread

Hi,

Did you get thr problem sorted? as i have the same thing with my Fabia vrs

I don't know if it helps, but my car used to judder when pulling off (sorry; that sounds rude!!).

It turned out to be a broken engine mount/stabiliser. I know you said it's only in the cold, but mine first became apparent when the ground was wet, so I wondered whether the conditions could be related. Does it do it on hill-starts?

It didn't cost anything to have it diagnosed at a local independent mechanic, but the dealer failed to spot it, despite my spending £60 for the full diagnostic checks!! They even told me there was nowt wrong with the car. Grrr.

thanks for the pointers people,it would appear that zebra seems to have the answer and its very simple ! rev the engine a little more and hey presto the problem seems to be sorted? im not sure if this really is the end of the matter but ive been judder free for 2 mornings running!