Water coming in from behind dash

Well its been raining up here in scotland for the past 3-4 days now. :(

Went to pick up my girl from work tonight and there was a flood on the road. Now it wasnt like it was a WRC water splash it was just a big puddle. the next thing i know there is water ****in in from behind the dashboard & into the passenger footwell.

Has anybody had any problems like this?

Does anybody know where the water might be coming in from?

I think my sister's fabia had water end up in the passenger footwell somehow. I think it probably came in through the floor pan somewhere, if that's possible. That's about as much as I know unfortunately.

YES!!!

I had this exact problem in my fabia (my mum also had it in her focus). Everytime it rained, my passanger would get wet feet and it got beyond a joke - I went away to china during the real bad floods in june and when I came home, the water came pouring out of the passanger door. must have been ankle deep and stank.

took it to the mechanic to get fixed. i wasn't really listening, but he said something about him having to take the door apart. it cost about 80 quid to fix, but i'm sure i probably got ripped off.

My advice - take it to mechanic and don't pay over £90

Its the little holes behind the bulk head (can't remb there names) they clogged up with rubbish and then the water starts to come in through the pollen filter.

If you search on here you will find some pictures locating them and you just need to unblock them.

/\ They're the scuttle panel drain holes or something like that. If they've blocked, then your 'water splash' might have filled the void underneath the front of the windscreen with water. As for drying it out, sheets of old newspaper are far better than towels IME :thumbup: