oil service.

Afternoon,

I have a 2004 vrs and i was wondering what oil will be best for the car as i do alot of town driving with regular stop starts 5w-30 or 10w-40.

The car as done 43,500 miles and as been serviced every 10,000 miles by the dealership,

i was thinking would it be best to change the oil every 5000 miles due to the town driving.

Many thanks.

I'd use the best oil you can get. I checked on the Castrol website the other day and it listed Castrol EDGE 5W-30 for the car.

There's no sense in trying to save money on engine oil. It's just too important, especially with a turbo in the oil system.

I decent guy I know from Skoda says that if your car is on standard servcing (oil service every 10k/12months) then semi-synthetic oil is FINE. If your car is on extended servicing (oil service every 20k/24months) fully synthetic is a must. However, as I say even on the standard service plan, semi oil is fine, but not great. To feed your turbo with the nicest food, I say ALWAYS fully synthetic - I got the same advice from many techy friends. Up to you, fully synthetic is more expensive, but as always you get what you pay for.