Help with part numbers please?

Clive618

Hi, can anyone help with finding the part numbers for the centre rear head restraint guides (the 2 plastic tubes the restraint slides into) which fit into the seat back? They are different to the outer ones (and indeed the front ones) and my dealer is having difficulty tracking down the correct part numbers. The colour is Onyx.

Hi, I've had a look at ETOS and it shows all the rear guide tubes having the same numbers, obviously for a split back the quantity is 3-off and the one piece back the quantity is 2-off.

It shows at there is only a change depending on the model year, ie:- 12/99 > 12/02 = 1J0 886 920B + 1J0 886 920D and 01/03 > 07/04 = 6Y0 886 920 + 6Y0 886 920A. I have not included the colour code here.

That is the problem, the info on ETOS is misleading. Mine is an 05 model with the later style fittings. The diameter of the stalks on the centre restraint are much thicker than the outer ones and they are not interchangeable.

Hum, after I posted this I had another look at the 99>04 cars parts list and its a bit vague if there are 2 or 3 of each with a split back. For 04> cars, the quantity is "X" which I think covers either 2 or 3 - depending on if the third head rest is fitted or not. The strange thing is that it is the same 4 part numbers that are listed for 04 > ie - both the 12/99>12/02 and the 01/03>07/04 P/Ns. Its just the PR number that dictates which part to use - this should tie in with if whither the third head rest is fitted or not. So, it looks like someone really needs to remove both their centre head rest guide tubes and read the P/Ns off them. If I can remember correctly, when I removed a Ford Fiesta head rest guide tube, I just used a very large screw driver and turned the tube anticlockwise, then grabbed it and eased it up while maybe needing to rotate it again (I think they engage at two points along their length so that is why the second rotation is necessary) - go on someone - make someone elses day!

Added later:- VW use only the "1J0" sort of parts (my ETOS only goes up to early 05 so stops before the Polo got its face lift), Seat, last of this group to come to the market, use X-off 1J0 886 920B + 1-off 6Y0 886 920 + 2-off 1J0 886 920D - which really means that the centre head rest can be removed without pressing the tube button - cause it looks like, from the Seat listing that there are no buttons on the tubes for this head rest. Remember that Seat had not face lifted the Ibiza by this time - maybe check up with Seat for what is used in the later 07> Ibizas with a third rear head rest.