Climate control unit

Leeboy

Anyone experienced the following problem.

Last night got in the Superb to drive home, put lights on and thought something is missing (generally dark down by the gear lever). Realised after a few minutes that the backlighting for the climate control unit (screen and buttons) was not working, switched lights off and on again and no difference (while engine was running).

So I assumed a bulb may be faulty (if indeed back lighting is by a single bulb).

This morning got in the car to drive to work, put the lights (just to see if problem was still there - of course it would be, why wouldn't it :rolleyes:) and mysteriously the back light is working normal again. Off home shortly (in the dark), will see if it is working.

I should say that all other functions seemed fine yesterday evening - fan up and down, heat, audio beep when selecting buttons and display.

Any similar experiences?

Had a similar problem with my superb, no lights on climate but if I turned the radio on they came on, also outside temp did not display on climatronic unit until the radio was turned on, if yours does the same, it is the radio at fault. Had mine changed foc by dealer.