93k on Octavia I should I be worried

:iagree:

- depending on when it was changed last (isn't 75,000 miles absolute maximum? So might be just 20,000 miles "old")

We bought our Octy at 90K, it's pushing 110K now, no problems, there should be at least 50K left. It replaced an Audi 1985 with 200K on the clock. So if it's well looked after and the price is right, go for it!

In that case, unless it had a metal impellor one at the last cambelt, it's also due a waterpump fairly soon.

Does the standard water pump from skoda come with the metal impellor or is there an aftermarket pump that I can buy? Having seen some of the pics this worries me. My Octi was bought with 80k and they did the belt then but not the pump.

On 95k now and I have not had any probs with it except for the arb issues that everyone seems to have.

VAG insist that there is no problem with the standard plastic impellor pumps.

I'd leave it for now, and just watch for signs of overheating, since changing the water pump means doing all the work to change the cambelt (but not the pulleys).