VRS alarm

just waiting on my new Octy Estate on March 3rd, but going to France shortly after, anybody know if the alarm can be turned off, saw many red faces last year with flat battery as alarm had been going off all night with motion of the ferry, wasnt a problem with my mark 1 as its got no alarm, was a problem when I left a fridge plugged in over night 2 years ago, kids have not let me live it down, and we were at the front of the queue!!

cheers

just waiting on my new Octy Estate on March 3rd, but going to France shortly after, anybody know if the alarm can be turned off, saw many red faces last year with flat battery as alarm had been going off all night with motion of the ferry, wasnt a problem with my mark 1 as its got no alarm, was a problem when I left a fridge plugged in over night 2 years ago, kids have not let me live it down, and we were at the front of the queue!!

cheers

Yes,

there are two buttons, one to switch off shaking sensitivity and the other to switch off motion sensor inside the cabine.

Also, if you press lock button twice on your remote, car gets locked but without alarm.