since i got me car ive neber been able to listen to the radio, now i gota kenwood headunit goin through two 6x9s in the parcel shelf. the radio wont pick up any staions on fm or any othe freq for tha matter. now i dnt know whether its a faulty headunit or iff pl have had this before with the aeril on there felly??

aint bothered me until now cause im getin fed uop a me cds.lol

thinkin now its time to really work on the car this year, first full year as a felly owner!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Could opf course be the head unit, but also something with the aerial.

Most (all?) VAG cars have an integrated amplifier in the aerial base:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/felicia-fun-forman/aeriel-amplifier-thingy/98112/

It can break, or maybe it doesn't get a 12 V feed? If it doesn't work and you live a bit off nearest station you probably won't hear much apart from statics.

Bad reception always make automatic tuning seek almost impossible. If you know the frequency of some local (or strong national) sender nearby, try to tune it in manually. Even with a bad aerial you should be able to hear something?

Prob the aerials fallen out of the back of the head unit?

The auto seek thing sometimes gets on my nerves when it goes past the station you want.

Mines a JVC headunit but I miss my Blaupunkt even though the CD changer didnt work after being pulled from storage.

Weird. With bad reception, the TA (traffic announcement) function is among the things that give up first. On my radio at least.

Is Radio 4 crystal clear, too?

In that case it must be something wrong with the station settings.

Can you find the correct frequency for your area (at the stations' web pages or maybe at a local radio dealer), set the stations manually and then see what happens?

oo now i get ya.took the day did it? my works a swine t get days off from,damn mobile phones.lol. wudnt mind a whole system,think it would sound the part with the induction kit on. really want to do some proper mods on the engine tho, someone mentioned throttle bodies ages ago, at that time tho,went waaaaay over me head. o an nice one with the shell u bought! ace project