This is why I like diesels, especially mine

From those figures, the cost of the propane is 1.29p per mile and given the likely over reading of the trip computer, I would be surprised if you were gettng more than the equivalent to 55-60pg of diesel. Still very impressive considering the figures you're getting.

You really need to get some brim to brim figures and add in the use of propane to get a true mpg figure.

Mine gives 42mpg average with the VT5 and thats been the same over 10,000 miles since it was fitted.

Mixed motorway and commuting.

This is about 5-6mpg less than before the conversion.

Theres no way my fuel economy is going to go up with a big turbo with overall mixed driving on a like for like comparison with the standard turbo, as I am burning more fuel.

Its not really worth bragging about how much money you are saving on fuel when you have thrown thousands and thousands of pounds modifying the thing. :D

i have the small fabia tdi version and got a true 60+aprox mpg from nain to sauchie ( nearly 200mls of all road type driving)some weeks ago. this was keeping to ALL speed limits and having a lot of crap traffic for those who know the the a9 they will know how slow it can move. i say 60+aprox as you cannot be 100% sure of calulations so my calcs were 65+ so i would settle for 60+ as a more acceptable figure. first class

we had a 03honda accord 2lt sport with at the best was 30mpg with 2 people and no luggage, so 60+ mpg 35.00 road tax and 150 appx insurrance it's a wee belter.

my runabout to work car is a t plate honda civic 1.4 and gets about 20/25 on a 5 mile rural road trip.

my driving car is an mgf with honda type 'r' modded engine gets about 25mpg on the open road. at about 56/60mph it will do 45 mpg but a low of 5/8mpg on track runs

the fabia tdi is one of the cheapest running cost vehicles we have had to date ( and it can move if asked )