Orange warning light too :o

As it's blowing a fuse all the time I would say it's some sort of short to earth problem, and on one of those circuits would be a good place to start.

Edit - bugger beat me to it mister techie man

Easiest way to find what section of wiring has the short on it is to disconnect all the plugs on the circuit and reconnect one by one unti the fuse blows.

This however still requires an understanding of the circuit and its connection points.

Cheers chaps. I haven't a scooby when it comes to car electrics (as Stu knows only too well - my help when he fitted my Talex involved me leaning on the car, smoking and yabbering to him :P ). So one for the dealers methinks - at least I know what the problem is and seems I need a brake light switch anyway.

I think it's a common part across the VAG range mate.

Thanks mate, ordered. Not sure if there is a parts number sticky somewhere on here, think I might have seen something but anyway the part number for the latest switch is 1J0 945 511 F, so it's gone from E to F basically.

• 1 month later...