Which dealer to use rather than Streets?

mattyt

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum as i have just purchased a 2002 octavia vrs. I am looking around as i want to service it soon and i think i may need to change the cam as i dont have a service receipt for this.

I see from the posts in the Review Section for Streets that a few people dont recommend streets!! Where would you guys take your car and where do you recomend. Would need to be in Bristol. Whats Clist and Rattle like??

It dosnt have to be main dealer, if anyone knows a good independant in the bristol area.

Also any ideas on the cost of a spare key?

Thanks In advance,

Matt.

Platinum is your only other bet mate and there in bath!

There service is slightley better......But not much.....compared to street.

I ordered some bits from street the other day and they said they would ring me.......never did!

Same story when i had my 30k service there. Bunch of amertures!

Where would you guys take your car and where do you recomend. Would need to be in Bristol. Whats Clist and Rattle like??

Also any ideas on the cost of a spare key?

Thanks In advance,

Matt.

OT, I have used Winner Garage in Cinderford (i know it's not Bristol) which have always been very good. Service done whilst you wait and cheaper (more than a tank of fuel) than Streets if you don't mind the drive.

I Highly Recommend Clist and Rattle :thumbup: :thumbup: they spot everything and, well all the stuff I was thinking they would not spot and also now include a free car cleaning in with the service.

I have used a few of the local Skoda garages except Streets aka Williams so I cannot comment on them.

Platinum ok I spose, but too far for me to make it worth it.

Thompson and Thompson good but too far again.

but I will not use the Gloucester or Swindon Skoda dealers as when I first asked them to service my Fabia vRS they were going to put the wrong oil into it.

• 4 months later...

I would use clist and rattle, i recently bought a car from streets, and although they were slightly cheaper, the service was terrible, they charge for hire cars while you have your servicing done, and customer service does not exist, clist and rattle give a free hire car during servicing for customers that buy a car from them, the service is great, really non pushy, and nothing seems too much trouble.