remap question

cainey

I would use search but the above currently generates ~170 threads and thats more reading than I've got time for most days! ;)

Here is the question

I am going to get a remap on my fabia vrs in just over a week, the website of the firm says that the new settings will take a couple of days to really make the full difference to the car, is this normal?, and if so why does it happen?

many thanks

cainey

:)

Hi mate,

What they are refering to is the ECU relearning the new settings. Whenever you reset the ecu it defaults to standard settings, then will relearn using your cars sensors over the next few days and or few hundred miles depending on how far you drive daily.

When you get a remap you are in actually resetting the ecu obviously with a brand new set of default settings. So what you've been told is correct.

With regard to Cetic tuning, i've heard mixed stories about their work in particular their bhp claims. From what i've heard from the fiatforum.co.uk they claim higher bhp's than other companies but the higher you go the more likely you're gonna have clucth issues as mentioned previously(particulary diesels due to the higher torque).

With mapping it's more about the torque/power curve than outright power, i had my Fiat stilo JTD remapped at Reddot Racing, Watford last year and the before and after torque curves were so different, afterwards the power delivery was amazing, so smooth through all gears.

Secondly, i'd recommend a "live" map on a rolling road rather than a standard plug in and go "we come tio your house" remap.

The above is just my opinion and is not meant to offend anyone.

Hi mate,

What they are refering to is the ECU relearning the new settings. Whenever you reset the ecu it defaults to standard settings, then will relearn using your cars sensors over the next few days and or few hundred miles depending on how far you drive daily.

When you get a remap you are in actually resetting the ecu obviously with a brand new set of default settings. So what you've been told is correct.

With regard to Cetic tuning, i've heard mixed stories about their work in particular their bhp claims. From what i've heard from the fiatforum.co.uk they claim higher bhp's than other companies but the higher you go the more likely you're gonna have clucth issues as mentioned previously(particulary diesels due to the higher torque).

With mapping it's more about the torque/power curve than outright power, i had my Fiat stilo JTD remapped at Reddot Racing, Watford last year and the before and after torque curves were so different, afterwards the power delivery was amazing, so smooth through all gears.

Secondly, i'd recommend a "live" map on a rolling road rather than a standard plug in and go "we come tio your house" remap.

The above is just my opinion and is not meant to offend anyone.

that is an excellent response mate :-)

I've heard that the Celtic remap isn't too good if you're planing on keeping your original clutch/turbo. Then again others are delighted with the results.

After much research i went with Angel tuning, which many can testify on here that the results are excellent. After the rolling road the outputs are clearly within the tolerances of the original parts with a nice smooth torque curve which isnt going to eat the clutch.

Plus, it's also one of the cheaper ones at £285 if you go to them and £300 if they come to you.