Dog bone engine staybar

myfatcow

I have got feeling the rear bush has gone, iv had a look at it when a freind rocked the engine and there is more movenent then i would expect and the engine dose look like it is twisting a bit to much.

when driving there is a noise that sounds like plastic breaking and ocoasonly a knock, the other day during a fast take off i had a knock witch i asumed was the staybar pushed to its limit.

has anyone else done this.

think i might give jabba a call in the morning;).

Might be the gearbox mount knocking. irrc the dogbone has nothing to knock on, but the gearbox mount makes one hell of a racket. plus its cheaper to fix ;)

I get the ocasional clunk still from setting off and ive replaced the entire front suspension.......... and i mean everything

I find holding the revs at about 950/1000 really helps with the vibes at idle. I'm going to ask if the car's idle can be upped a bit when I next get a retune.

Thats how I'm getting round it or just brace myself on the steering wheel to stop keys vibrating :eek:

I take it you had no joy with vagcom either?

My ECU is standard map but I'm thinking same as you regarding upping the idle revs, good excuse to get a remap (if one were needed :D)

i got it today.fitted straight away then started the engine and OMG the vibes it is mad im just glad i dont use the car everyday it would drive me mad in trafic.

but on a nother note i now have a new knock and it soulds like the fron arb :mad: