Anyone have OEM sports suspension option ?

KJB

Hi,

I've ordered a Octavia 1.8TSI estate in Ambiente trim with sports suspension & Pegasus alloys . Does this count as a "modification" ?. Interested to hear how much this option affects premiums.

Any recommendations for companies who wont load the premium for factory fitted options. ?

thanks

KJB

AFAIK - NO.

Insurance Companies are generally concerned with 'after market' modifications; as your car will be to 'Factory' spec then you will be OK.

I have heard though, that if you were to fit the sports suspension later (even the OE spec one) then some Insurers will look at this as a modification.

One user on here checked with his insurers about fitting Eibach lowered springs and Koni FSD shock absorbers. They were fine about the shocks, but wanted to increase his premium with the lowered springs. He just got the shocks fitted!

AFAIK the definition of a modification or variation is a change to that of which it left the factory. That said when I got my first Octy II vRS I was insured with Elephant, when I went to change the details with them to insure the Octy they asked if I had any modifications and/or optional extras. We then went into a long drawn out debate about the Xenon headlights and them saying that they would only replace them with the standard units. No matter how much I tried to explain that technically this wouldn't be possible as the car was never constructed to have Halogen headlights they would not budge.