dodgy re-map?

splodge

had a re-map last year and was impressed with the power increase but the smoothness of the octy was far from satisfying. the re-mapping company advised it was a failing dump valve so i replaced it to no effect they then said it was the ecu still logging the fault so they "cleared" it still with no improvement.on seeking advice from other mapping places and "experts" i have been told many reasons including, bad map and faulty air mass meter amongst other things, i am currently pulling my hair out:confused: as to which direction to go as a return to the mapping company is out cos i really dont rate them so if anyone has any advice or tech knowledge it would be much appreciated to save my sanity and not throw money to the wind

a refund is out of the question as the warranty expired when i was out of the country:mad: the company was chipped uk at birmingham so it might be a case of bite the bullit and see if another firm can sort it, i appreciate Jabba is recommended but are there any firms nearer my area which is york ? it really did my tree in travelling to birmingham twice after the map and wasting time:thumbdwn:

Chipped uk is a well known mapping company i cannot see why you are having probs.Was the map a generic one or custom?

What problems are you having?

I live in Driffield if you need help or any codes/ logs read with vag-com.

the map was generic which in hindsight was maybe a bad decision. the problems are that it has a very noticable hiccup or dip in power at about 2 and a half to 3 thou and a slight flat spot at about 3 and a half to 4 it can also be erratic at idle after a fast run. i live in pocklington so any help would be really appreciated:thumbup:

the map was generic which in hindsight was maybe a bad decision. the problems are that it has a very noticable hiccup or dip in power at about 2 and a half to 3 thou and a slight flat spot at about 3 and a half to 4 it can also be erratic at idle after a fast run. i live in pocklington so any help would be really appreciated:thumbup:

Nothing in your sig or post to say whether MKI or II Octy Vrs, can you clarify which?

I am assuming MkI but just to be sure. I know my answer is not what you are looking for but this might be of overall interest.

Well to me anyway....:thumbup: