KMD fuel pump

KMD Tuning - KMD FSI Fuel Pump Kit

This may be an alternative to the APR or Autotech solution and for those not willing to throw lots of sheets with the queens head on at it!

Note the comment on their site which refers to fuel pump and camshaft requiring attention prior to installation. Might be they are referring to recent HPFP seizures on the Autotech one?

Mmmmm......

Interesting, and it does look a lot like the Autotech pump.

As for the turbo, the K04 upgrade is more expensive than the ATP GT3071R kit which offers a mere 500bhp :confused:

Still a nice piece of kit all the same and it comes with injectors etc, think they would be a bit pricey on their own......

Note the comment on their site which refers to fuel pump and camshaft requiring attention prior to installation. Might be they are referring to recent HPFP seizures on the Autotech one?.

No. Autotech carry the same warning with their kit, as do APR I would expect.

There was an issue with some of the camshafts suffering lobe wear, even on stock pumps.

I have suffered an Autotech seizure, and we think it was due to the fact that I didn't set TDC before I removed and installed the pump for the first time.

After a short period of frustration, the pump has now been fitted to the car for the best part of a month with zero issues. Infact it's made a big difference.

There was an issue with some of the camshafts suffering lobe wear, even on stock pumps.

Well that's me officially told then..............

An interesting read, don't think i would like the prospect of replacing cam or cam followers.

It would also appear that the yanks have a different theory for the pump siezing, having said that there have only been one or two, which may indicate not setting TDC prior to FP spindle change...........:thumbup:

Did any of us check to see first and before installing?

Blown something....? - Page 6 - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Yes, more times than I would have liked. :thumbdwn:

All is well now though. :thumbup:

I did hear you had a few initial issues but happy to hear all ok now...:thumbup:

My point is that i for one did not inspect the cam lobe for wear so am just pointing out the potential issue....It IS worth taking the time to inspect all lobes as it has been indicated that the OEM pump can sieze, therefore this would indicate a flaw in the OEM cam, irrespective of whether or not the HPFP has been fitted (APR, Autotech or KMD) ....

As a bit of a novice me and my old man are going to attempt to install my Autotech Pump this weeked. How imperative is it to set TDC (i assume this means top dead centre) as it isnt in the instructions. If it is imperative how do i do it?

Anyone who knows (VRStu,Harry_vRS,Superted) could you please PM me some instructions to set TDC so that me and the old man can follow them. (so as not to hijack the Thread)

Cheers

Carl :thumbup:

Keep your eyes peeled to our website (most likely next week).

There are going to be a few things on there shortly that will interest quite a few of you!

You'll be wanting me to have my wages paid directly to JKM next!! :eek:

You'll be wanting me to have my wages paid directly to JKM next!! :eek:

My thoughts exactly!! :eek::eek:

Look forward a review and dyno plots of this pump...

Have you had a look at both of the pumps side by side - whats the difference between the KMD and Autotech :confused:

:)