Boost / Vac Leak Tester

sabredylan

My Octy Vrs has been runing bad for a while now, boost issues and idle dropping out etc. I suspected I had a air leak somewhere but after checking absolutely everything, I was stumped. I finally found this brilliant bit of kit from Boostpro.net : Specializing in performance, costing approximately £15 posted from the states.

All you do is remove your MAF and place the tester in the tip and tighten the clip back up. Pressure the intake to about 7 - 10 psi and presto all leaks can be heard. I found the orange plastic dip stick tube to be leaking at the base (vac leak), the oil filler cap leaking (vac leak) and the threads of the side input port of my Forge DV leaking(boost/vac leak). I would never have found any of these without it. Result....... Car running great again now the leaks are fixed. For the price, its worth having in your tool box. Can be ordered with tyre valve or air hose connector.

19580.attach

19581.attach

19582.attach

• 2 months later...