Induction kit questions

addsvrs

I'm sure the answer is somewhere but its 04.38 in the morning :eek: and I can't be bothered searching. Basically are they worth the money, which ones are the best, do they give any increase in b.h.p, blah, blah.

Also what is a 'MAF' ??? i've read threads concerning oily filters knackering them, but i dunno what it is :confused:

Mornin' :D

I personally don't rate them, the standard arrangement is perfectly adequate and you won't gain that much from it, may 3-4bhp at the very most. The do make it more noisy.

As for the MAF, it is the mass air flow sensor. If you look at you engine it sits in the hard plastic pipe just to the left of the airbow (it has a plug into it). It measures the amount of air going in to the engine and allows the ECU to deliver the optimum amount of fuel for the amount of aoir going in.

HTH

Well, mine it's not in fact an induction kit, but I think it's a low cost mod to get some more air :

We made a tube like this

airintake_tube.jpg

tested fitting

airintake_2.jpg

airintake_1.jpg

and the result

airintake.jpg

It's not noisy at all, but you can hear better the dv ...

What do you think? ;)