first time skoda

cbr600

HI, First time on here,but taking delivery of a new octy vrs tdi:) next thursday and saying goodbye to my leon fr, still not 100% sure i ve done the right thing buying a skoda ,but have read all reviews and looked at various forums,anyway time will tell i suppose.

Mates son has just left my local skoda place to go work for audi as technician or mechanic but has got me a list of faults that apparantly come with all new cars but are not given to customers,ie a fault with a diesel filter where as a warning light comes on,but if you give the car a good hard run it clears the problem,but if you take it to the dealers they charge you 52 quid plus vat to reset on computer,:mad:.HOPE IVE DONE THE RIGHT THING

Welcome to Briskoda! :wavey: The DPF 'problem' you refer to isn't really a problem at all - the light comes on to warn you that the filter needs to regenerate, but it's an orange light so it's no more necessary to take it to the garage than if the fuel warning light came on, for instance. Can't say I agree with the dealers charging an hour's labour to 'fix' it, but then it's in the manual I think, so perhaps owners are as much to blame for not reading the manual first...???

Anyway, hope you enjoy the Octy and remember to give it some stick every once in a while! :)