Voice of experience needed..

Buying new standard rear discs and high performance pads for my vRS.

GSF are offering me Zimmerman rear discs at £57.58 for the pair. EBC red stuff pads at £62.10 front pair, and £38.90 rear pair.

Now to me that sounds like a good price.

Skoda want £89.30 for a pair of Geomet rear discs. Seems a rip off for standard parts.

I can get Mintex M1144's for £75.50 front pair, £57.51 rear pair, but not by this weekend which is when i need to do the work. (From Questmead)

I'm going to the Nurburgring in a few weeks and want some reasonably priced pads that will last more than 4 laps!

Everything that Awesome offer is way out of my price range (Tarox & ZeroSixty), Brembo don't make rear discs for the car, and the cheapo mintex disc/pad boxes off ebay look too cheap to be up to the job.

So basically, are the Zimmerman discs and EBC red stuff pads any good?

Cheers big ears!

yeah specifically asked for red, plus got a quote for the same price from an indi parts place nearby, so guessing they must be the red stuff. ive been warned off the green stuff!

you can't get red stuff for non-vRS cars i discovered, only green.

EBC rear discs were about £90 each by the way, think im going zimmerman route.

ahh nice, looks like zimmermans are decent then.

i was wrong about the red stuff! i phoned GSF to double check, and they only have greens as you said. doh.

Fortunately Samra in Huddersfield are getting me a full set of EBC red's for tomorrow, totalling just over £100.

I think that's it now apart from spare guide pin bolts, and disc retaining screws.....

yeah specifically asked for red, plus got a quote for the same price from an indi parts place nearby, so guessing they must be the red stuff. ive been warned off the green stuff!

you can't get red stuff for non-vRS cars i discovered, only green.

EBC rear discs were about £90 each by the way, think im going zimmerman route.

Yes you can get the red stuff for PD140 MK II or PD130 or 1.8T MK I as the pads and callipers are the same as in the respective VRS versions. What is different between these models is the 288mm disc and carriers as opposed to the 312mm versions.

I've been quoted around £70 for the reds from all the suppliers I've asked.

just bought rear zimmermann pair of discs.

changed my mind and went for some mintex extremes all round, worked out cheaper than than EBC.

just gotta fit it all now! skoda should have some new retaining screws by tomorrow....