Remapping

Is there any advantage in having a superb 1.9/130 remapped from the point of view of fuel consumption. Mine is not bad averaging out at 48 overall. However would like to get more if I can. I am not interested in the power which i feel is more than adequate at 130hp.

Is there any advantage in having a superb 1.9/130 remapped from the point of view of fuel consumption. Mine is not bad averaging out at 48 overall. However would like to get more if I can. I am not interested in the power which i feel is more than adequate at 130hp.

I'm not an expert on this but speaking from experience (I had my Fabia vRS remapped) if driven the same there should be no reduction in mpg, in fact I think mine was marginally better. The problem is that it is difficult to restrain yourself from making use of the extra power! After all, that is why you remap in the first place, right? Consequently, that is where any reduction in mpg will come.

PS. Reading over your post though, I notice you say you're not interested in the extra power. Well in that case I would suggest that the savings will only be marginal imho.

My experience with engines would indicate that it's far better to leave well alone. Remapping inevitably erodes safety margins and the people who re-define fuelling limits have no idea of the engine manufacturing tolerances they are dealing with. Consequently, you may or may not be lucky long term.

If you have bought an engine which is right for its job, look after it. If it's not right, buy something else.

rotodiesel.