Feeler for Fabia mk1 carbon fibre bonnets group buy.

devonutopia

Hullo. :D

Have been in discussions with a chap regarding carbon fibre bonnets for the Skoda Fabia. Now he supplied mine as a one-off a couple of years ago and I've had it ever since. (And it is very nice indeed)

Please note that any buy which results from this feeler thread is not an offical BRISKODA organised buy and therefore BRISKODA, CANNOT be held responsible for any wrong doing that may occur.

OK, Well it's going to be tricky to work out the costs but what I DO know at the moment is this. For round about the figure of £350 per bonnet (to be confirmed due to euro exchange rates etc) I will be able to get 10 carbon fibre bonnets shipped to me. They will be finished in a skim coat on top which a) means you can paint them and B) is quite a bit lighter than the gelcoat/black weave look (which is also about £100+ more money)

The bonnets come with the bonnet hinge bolts already pre-installed, as are the grille arm bolts. What may need a little work as was the case with mine, was getting a smooth joint between the CF bonnet and the regular grille.

I "should" be able to offer painting service too (no, not by me, don't worry :D I'll get a proper bodyshop to do it) for around £80 per bonnet.

So, all in (and I may yet be able to offer a service to courier on painted bonnets, or even get bonnets shipped singularly direct from Germany) you're looking at around £350 for a CF bonnet, or around £430 fully painted in the colour of your choice.

Oh, and don't forget: CF bonnet = about 5kg, metal bonnet = about 20kg. ;)

Hullo. :D

Have been in discussions with a chap regarding carbon fibre bonnets for the Skoda Fabia. Now he supplied mine as a one-off a couple of years ago and I've had it ever since. (And it is very nice indeed)

Please note that any buy which results from this feeler thread is not an offical BRISKODA organised buy and therefore BRISKODA, CANNOT be held responsible for any wrong doing that may occur.

OK, Well it's going to be tricky to work out the costs but what I DO know at the moment is this. For round about the figure of £350 per bonnet (to be confirmed due to euro exchange rates etc) I will be able to get 10 carbon fibre bonnets shipped to me. They will be finished in a skim coat on top which a) means you can paint them and B) is quite a bit lighter than the gelcoat/black weave look (which is also about £100+ more money)

The bonnets come with the bonnet hinge bolts already pre-installed, as are the grille arm bolts. What may need a little work as was the case with mine, was getting a smooth joint between the CF bonnet and the regular grille.

I "should" be able to offer painting service too (no, not by me, don't worry :D I'll get a proper bodyshop to do it) for around £80 per bonnet.

So, all in (and I may yet be able to offer a service to courier on painted bonnets, or even get bonnets shipped singularly direct from Germany) you're looking at around £350 for a CF bonnet, or around £430 fully painted in the colour of your choice.

Oh, and don't forget: CF bonnet = about 5kg, metal bonnet = about 20kg. ;)

Interested :D

Got any pics of yours?

But What about the bonnet catch, is this strong enough on its own without the use of bonnet pins?

cheers John

PS your gunner bankrupt me :rofl: I still need a bonnet lifter :D

Well, if I can't get 10 people, I could do it individually, but you're local at around 100 euros p&p to ship a bonnet from Germany to an address in the UK. By my reckoning, that takes the price to around the £420 mark before doing any painting.