Help, Steering Vibration......

All,

Im experiencing steering vibration when braking above 50 ish.....

Seems to have started after getting drivers side wheel bearing replaced.

Things I have done before and after,

Front Pads and Discs replaced @ (Before wheel bearing)

New wheels + Tyres (Balanced when delivered, fitted after wheel bearing)

Rear Pads and Discs (After wheel bearing)

Tracking and wheel balancing (Yesterday)

I have been told that I have a leaking front strut and have a set of coilovers to fit this weekend (Would this cause it??)

Could do with some help on this ASAP to allow me to have a look / fit new parts at the weekend.

Cheers

I had a similar problem with my mk 1 a few years ago and the problem was fixed by getting the front discs replaced. I had a problem with a leaking suspension strut on an old car many years ago. This made itself known by excessive tramping (i think this is the right word for it) when turning and accelerating (had a knocking noise and steering wheel vibration). If it happened soon after you got your new discs maybe one of them is faulty?

Good luck in solving the problem.

It could be brake judder caused by the disk not being replaced with minimal runout after the wheel bearing job.

I am not totally familiar with the Octavia set up but it is highly likely disk/pad related and not the strut.

The other thing could be that the pads are not quite sitting as they were or in the inside pad is now outside and vice versa if that is possible. It needs attention or it will put lots of strain on the whole front suspension.

Get the shop who changed the bearing to do it FOC.

(Well try anyway!)