Oct2 fuse box and HU adaptor

Hi,

I have bought myself a new HU (Alpine ida-x100) and installed it into the proper skoda octy II facia adaptor (AZO 600 003) and linked up all of the relevant wires.

Within the skoda kit a connector cables are supplied to fit between the Alpine HU cables and the cars cables. Coming out of this Skoda connector cable set is a wire to be connected to the fuse box, I've tried linking the new HU up without connecting this wire but it does not work.

My situation is that I need to run the cable from the HU area through to the fuse box in the Octy II. This is where the questions begin :confused:,

Is there an easy route I can run the cable from the HU to the fuse box?

How do I fit the cable to the fuse box?

Is the fuse box easy to remove, and how do I access it?

Do I need to disconnect the battery and do I need to disconnect both terminals?

Basically I'm searching for an idiots guide as I am not very electrically minded and I don't fancy folking out £30 to an audio guy just to connect one cable.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I'm pretty sure it's all in the instructions but there is also a caveat that it should be carried out by a qualified skoda technician.

The instructions tell you to route the cable across the back of the dashpod which requires it's removal. You then need to lower the drivers side knee panel to access the fuse panel. There is a locking system on the back of the fuse panel which when released will allow the back purple part to slide a little. You need to do this prior to inserting the wire in the correct position. Once you have released the clip and moved the purple part it is simply a case of pushing the terminal in the back and re locking the fuse box.

You'll find some instructions that may help with your quest here - Octavia-vRS.com - OEM Integrated Bluetooth Telephone Install