Clicking sound braking

Hello,

I have an 06 Skoda Fabia (Sport 1.2) which had the front brake pads replaced roughly two weeks ago.

In the past week or so I have noticed that when the slightest bit of pressure is applied to the brake pedal when car is in motion there is a loud clicking sound.

I have obviously contacted the garage again and the car is going back in on Friday morning to be looked at.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what maybe causing this problem?

Thanks in advance

You don't say whether the sound is coming from inside or outside the car, but my guess would be something like a relay for the brake lights if it's inside the car, or the new pads catching on a lip on the discs if it's coming form outside???

Thanks for the reply.

Someone in work did mention that it could be a loose callipar - which is a little worrying.

Nah! You've got three others! ;) Seriously, though, I'd have thought something like that would rattle more than click once...?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have had my car back from the garage a week now and the noise is back now for bout 3 days.

Its coming from the front wheel drivers side. It loud. and more of a clunk than click.

Had a mate look at it with me at lunch time, who was a mechanic in a previous life, and it sounds like there is a space between the piston head and the pad so when you hit breaks there is a clunk when piston hits pad.

make sense?

any other ideas?

thanks

• 10 months later...

Just in case anyone is interested I did have that problem sorted.

Problem was third party pads on original disc - boils down to "size does matter".

The pads were too small on the disc and not making full contact. Replaced pads with original parts and problem is solved - has been for a few months now.

All good.