Parrot ck3100

on your dash have you got any button blanks? if so remove one of them, drill a hole in it big enough to feed the connector through then use a sticky pad to hold to button to the blank and push the blank back into place!

A very cunning plan! :)

not to sound like a div but do they just prise out? dont want to make a mess of them!

you should use the whole wiring loom.

1 part of the loom covers audio - the other part is power.

Once removed from the back of the radio you get 2 ISO connectors - on the looms you will have 1 ISO in and 1 ISO out. ISO in connects to the original skoda section, ISO out goes into the back of the radio.

Job done! :)

Right, i had a crack at getting this installed today. Got my radio and little cubby hole pocket underneath out fine. Disconnected the radio and plugged in the parrot loom etc and tested the unit with everything plugged in, works a treat don't even need to swap any cables or play with mute wires etc...

But..... I cannot find where to put the blue control box that all the cables plug in to. Theres no obvious place that I can see to get it in to. Its the long oblong shaped box.

Any help would be great as I have had to put everything back in as its dark now but really want to get this in tomorrow.

Cheers!

as you are looking at the dash from the drivers seat with the radio and the pocket out, ther should be a small space enough to push the control box down into in the furthest way left corner - exactly the same as a 9n polo or an Ibiza! :)

:) sorted!

There are 2 types of dash compartment that i've come across so far - this one with the bars and the other one has no rear section at all!

P.S if you mess it up then I take no responsibility! Just a suggestion! ;)

No probs, I wonr blame you! lol. Even if it don't work i can't see it do anything in the compartment, its just a cross section of plastic so hopefully the whole thing wont fold in!

Have you removed it on them before when you have fitted them?

Well I have actually got it all fitted and done!! :) :)

Took some doing to get the control box in. Could not even get it in the side once i removed the 'X' of plastic. I ended up putting it behind and up above sort of behind the buttons. Put the control LCD display just under the hazard lights switch and put the cable in between the left hand button and the next by cutting a small grove out in it. Routed the Mic from the drivers side A pillar down below the dash and in behind the radio to the box.

All done and dusted. Had a small panic as heater wouldn't work, turns out I had just knocked a fuse out when putting the cover back on the box after pushing mic cable behind it! doh!! :(

Anyway all seems to be working fine. Although it does seem to auto answer calls after one ring even though I'm sure thats turned off in the options!

New thing now is that I have a warning light on the dash thats come on this afternoon, manual says its control system for exhaust, nice! :(:(

Anyway thanks for all your help!!

yes - I've removed that section about 12 times now! mk4 golfs are the same! Which kit do you have the 3000 with just the button or the 3200LS with the screen? If you have the 3000 then it should have fitted if its the 3200 then it can go under the centre console and feed the wiring upto the back of the radio.

Good one for doing it yourself though! Saved yourself a few ££££

Its also an option on your phone as well as the parrot system - it either works like this. Answer when press green button or answer after 5 rings or answer after 3 rings or answer immediately. and this can be adjusted on you mobile - usually!

I think the 3100 is one of the older systems............