Octavia vRS Rear Washer Tube

Hi,

Having searched the forums recently I found somposts that told me how to check the rear washer tube at a couple of places if nothing is coming out when activated.

I checked round the spare tyre and the passenger side wheel arch but found nothing. I have a Mk II Octavia vRS and the tube is connected at the washer/ wiper point on the tailgate. It appears to go to the right side (passenger) of the car into the roof section through a length of sealed rubber.

Does anyone know where to check from here as to whether the tube is disconnected? Does it go down to the carpet edge or along the roof section? Left or right side?

I know Skoda will charge me an absolute fortune to even have it checked!!

The wiper works fine and the pump makes the whirring noise too. Its just the fluid that doesn't come out.

Stu

Done it!

I have to say though it is hard work getting the CD changer out. I tried pulling the lining about but as it was still attached up near the back seats (torque screw thing at end of metal diagonal bars behind seats) I couldn't get behind it to see what was going on.

Is there an easier way????

Stu

Em, this is the Octavia 1 forum mate; you want Octavia 2, next door. ;)

Ref the stacker unit, there are 2 visible bolts, and one underneath it. Once you've done the 2, it should move enough for you to see the 3rd one.

I've no idea about the rear washer pipe routing on the Octy 2.