Bye Bye Fabia vRS

stuno1 your car is awesome mate never heard of them before. looked on parkers mate fook me cant believe how fast they are faster than vxr 225 and st and the civic type r and so much room think i found my next car in a couple of years lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 mps is faster than st, s2k, 350z, vxr, 225, crossfire, and more!!! My bro has a evo 7 mapped to 340 bhp and could not pull away from me 30-120mph!!!!! As it is a mazda and has 5 doors it is cheaper to insure than all mentioned above and with my highflow sport cat and SRI i am faster than the new 27k S3!!!! It is faster and cheaper than the WRX as well yeah. (Not the 340bhp odd one though but try getting insurance for that!!!) Dont be put off by the front wheel drive of the MPs all the gizmos mazda have put in mean torque steer is minimal.Limited power in 1st and second, and depending on the degree the steering wheel is turned.....i could go on forever.....literally! oh and on a motorway run i can get 34mpg going between 80 and 90...

well i just hate you mate and will **** on your alloys if i se you around ;-) probably wont co your car is so fast... i am gutted i never knew this kind of beast was available and i never considered them when i was looking for a car...the only good thing for me is that after 3 years the car goes done to around 8500 so i got a chance to get a cheap one ha ha i think i am going to test one on friday

Prob about right price wise, expect 8-9k after 5 years old with under 60k on the clock. Got mine for £14k with 8k on the clock. Ill make sure to look out for you then, my car is a Pis$ free zone! lol If you live near london happy to take you out in it some time?

I did about 5 months of research on and off before i chose the MPS, bang for buck nothing touches the sides...

that is very kind of you mate unfortunately i live about 200 miles north lol but going to try one on friday mate just to see!! i cant believe that this car exists i am speachless there are alot of civic buys and clio 172 182 and 197 boys this would absolutely destroy them ;-)

I agree the MPS aero is an amazing car (a great sleeper) went looking at these before i got my 225, the only thing that put me off was the £400 tax and it was abit more expensive than a used 225 but its gotta be the quickest front wheel drive hatch out there.

Actually mate it corners suprisingly well!!! Got o fastest lap .com and it beats s2k around traks wgich is no mean feat, and that is the standard MPS, put the aero on there with the stiffer suspension and you can prob take 2 seconds from the MPS lap times. Obviously 4wd system hasd more grip though! I am careful in the wet!!!

Wasn't doubting it's handling abilities, l'm sure it hustles along nicely! :) Similar league to my 225 Cup l'd have thought.

l'd have thought however that it's not quickest hot hatch out there when all round performance is considered.

Would presume this would go to the R26 or Civic Type R (JDM version)? Without looking (bit busy! :) ) l'd presume that the tracks that the MPS is quicker than an S2000 are quite fast, open circuits. I'd imagine the result would be the other way round on a more technical circuit?

I think the Type R would be a lot more fun as well. While the MPS is a good track day car it is not a great track day car, steering in cars such as type r (Old model) is a lot more responsive and feel a lot more like a go-cart. I would never deny that. That is exactly the reason i opted not to have one. Great fun but every day life is a no no. It is very hard to get a car that is a awsome trackday car and also good for every day use and i think cars like the MPS, S3, Trophy are great comprmises.

Just to for people who are curious the MPS (Non aero) Vs type R JDM link is below. Witht eh aero i think there is approx 1 second in it. Not bad if you ask me.

Mazda 3 MPS vs Honda Civic Type-R JDM (FD2) - FastestLaps.com

However standard MPS beats R26 so again take 2 secs of for aero and it really out performs it.

Mazda 3 MPS vs Renault Megane Sport F1-Team R26 - FastestLaps.com

poobah, you live near london?

Where do all these figures come from? Never seen anything like that website before!

I take it for these times to be comparable they've all been achieved using the same driver, fuel load, track conditions, clear track with no traffic etc? Otherwise they're kind of......................inconclusive to say the least! :eek:

Who's the test driver used for the website times? Hope it's the same driver seeming as the lump of skin behind the wheel is the biggest performance factor in this type of comparison. :P

Not from London, from beautiful Manchester dude :)

What's performance modification availability like for the MPS? Plenty of goodies available for it?

Thats one of the trophy/225 Cup downsides. Not a huge amount of choice available modification wise.

Same for the MPS really, there are far more options in the states and in Australlia. There is a HKS cat back system available but 900 fitted! I got a longlife exhaust catback with high flow sport cat for 598 all in!

There are also waste gates, bovs, intakes, suction kits, FMIC, tien coilovers, end links, tuner to tighten and shorten gear ratios, flash for ecu in the states and ARB's. No re-map yet anywhere! All this is in the states really. TDI do some bits but they are reaslly expensive and import duty on these things is a killer! Hard to follow modding options that are available on skodas, vw's and the like.

There are some visual mods such as smoked repeators, colour coded badges etc. ther standard 3 has body kits but nothing for the MPS, not my scene really anyway.

The megane similar options wise?

I have a intake on the way and ARB plans for next year.

Well l've got a few forge bits including FMIC, DS2500's, Samco TIP and a Milltek plus an ITG filter but like you said it's not anything to match the options you get when tuning a VAG based car.

At least you can get different wheels. The 225 Cup/Trophy offset is ET68, PCD 5x108 and a centre bore of 60.1!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just added some pics in my first post, got time yesterday to take some.

Here's a couple more.

[ATTACH]21517[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21518[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21519[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21520[/ATTACH]

That's a nice car!:thumbup:

These cars keep getting great write ups in the press, I'm tempted to get down to the local Renault dealership for a cheeky test drive to sample for myself!