installing a double din device

Hi everyone, this is my first post, i'm quite new to this.

I've just got a fabia 1.9 sdi, it's my first car, and i'm in love with it! :) but i can't bear the standard radio/cassette! i want to install a double din cd player with gps on it ( not the skoda one ) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Double-Din-GPS-Touch-Screen-BLUETOOTH-Car-CD-DVD-TV-MP3_W0QQitemZ160235278518QQihZ006QQcategoryZ67772QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's the one!

Is it possible to install it with just a plug + play cable and without cutting up the dashboard?

Thanks everyone !

First off, avoid that unit. Cheap and nasty with a poor interface. Second, you should find that with a wiring loom adapter and an aerial signal amplifier the wiring will not be a problem. The problem is the lack of space behind the radio. Some guys on here have created a bit more space by taking their Dremmel to the plastic cross, but it's up to you.

I agree what what djswivel has said, they arent worth it. These are usually very cheap quality units which host a lot of fuctions and look really tempting to buy, but have very bad user interfaces and are not very good. I was looking at these a while back, and most that i saw are from Hong Kong and places in Asia, also there were some from UK sellers that were actually onto their 3rd or 4th owner, as people realised how crap they are once they got them and tried to shift them on to get their money back.

I dont know whether there is enough space at the back for these to fit, but if there is then i would spend that much money or add a some more towards it and buy a better brand and also buy one from a supplier in the UK that way if you had any problems you have guarantee etc.

Just thought id post my views on this. :)

i've got a kenwood dnx-7200 in mine. double din with nav.

i had to cut the plastic away at the rear of the din slots so that all the cabling could fit.

mine was around £700 all in, and i think it was well worth the cash, i use it almost every day, and having nav built into the dash and coming out the cars speakers is nice.