Refilling a 1.4 16valve auto gearbox

Hello All,

Enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend i hope.

I need to refill my Automatic Gearbox and torque converter in my 2001 Fabia, i have emptied the gearbox and the torque converter and would like to know how how much to put back in and the correct grade, can i use Dextron 3?

Also can it be filled through the little plastic plug on the front of the gearbox which had a red tamperproof cap on it?

Many thanks

According to the booklet I have -

Filling is 5.7 litres from dry using part number G 052 990 A2

You will require a VAS tester or VAG-COM to check the level. The level is to be checked with the oil at 35' to 45' which requires the tester to read the temperature. Use Measured Block Value group 02.

Bring ATF to test temperature.

Test temperature: 35 °C to 45 °C

Remove screw plug for ATF inspection in the oil pan, the ATF present in the overflow tube flows out.

If ATF drips out of the hole it is not necessary to top up with ATF. Tighten screw plug with new gasket ring to 15 Nm.

Topping up ATF

Lever off cap securing the screw plug with a screwdriver. This destroys the cap catch, therefore always replace the cap.

Pull screw plug from the filler tube. Top up ATF with the ATF filling system -V.A.G 1924- until ATF flows out of the inspection hole. Tighten screw plug with new gasket ring to 15 Nm. Insert screw plug of the filler tube and secure with new

cap.

Filling ATF

Pour in approx. 2 litres of ATF through the filler tube. Then start the engine and while the vehicle is standing shift through all selector lever positions once.