Recirculate jammed on

Arghhh! The recirculate switch is permenantly on in my Vrs. It has been getting progressively slower in operation over the last two weeks, accompanied with a thumping noise from the mechanism, and now it is stuck on.

It's gettin' stuffy in here!

Any ideas?

I recently had the heater matrix go on my car - in this case the fan direction knob got stuck and there was a rattling noise from loose flaps as the whole thing had seized up inside - about £600 to fix at the stealers due to a lot of labour time to replace. Might be related to your problems?

Car went into dealers today - mentioned it to them yesterday when I was in there for something else and they said "drop it in in the morning and we'll look at it straightaway for you."

The fault turned out to be that the recirculate electronics needed some coding adjustment. No broken parts. :orb_phew: All well now and it is behaving properly. Great service from service dept. @ Winchester Motor Co. Sorted in less than an hour! :thumbup: