• Announcements

• ColinD

2017 EMail Issues - Post Upgrade   23/01/17

Hi,   Following a successful upgrade of our old code; being out of support we had to upgrade, we've encountered an unforeseen in preview and testing issue with our production email.   This means that email isn't sending as well as it should. You might ask for the email and we might send it, it also might get blocked by your ISP. Btinternet, AOL and Yahoo are well known for blocking.   We're working on it and I hope to have an solution working shortly.    Out of all that could of gone wrong, this isn't the worst case   As to other issues and 'change' as I said, it's forced upon us. To not change is irresponsible. More updates to follow once we're past our initial snag list.   There's only one working on it though; me, so please be patient, read the support topics, spend a few minutes, it's not that different once you get over the shock.   Cheers,   Colin   Snag List Topic >>       

Octavia I Airbag light suddendly on

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was on vacation for 10 days and left car outside. After coming back and turning on the engine airbag warning light came on.
VAG shows codes :
Control Module Part Number 1J0 909 603 AS Component andor Version AIRBAG VW3 - V04 Software Coding 16723 Work Shop Code WSC 31480 2 Faults Found 65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error 00-00 - - 00532 - Supply Voltage B+ 07-10 - Signal too Low - Intermittent.

I suspect heavy rain could have could any type of corrosion of short circuit. I would be grateful for any ideas where to look for and how to solve the problem. Resetting by VAG does not solve problems, because the error pops again and the light is on.

Regards,

It looks like the control module has had it, from the 65535 code. Replacement looks to be the only cure. You'll find it bolted to the tunnel next to the clutch pedal with 3 10mm nuts.

Thanks for hints,

Has anyone tried this.
VAG-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-Airbag-Service-Reset-Tool-OBD2_W.
Will it just shut the light and airbags will remain inoperable or could this cure the problem? I need functioning airbags.

This webpage is worth a read.

[url=http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vw_issues.html#Airbags]Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: VW Issues[/url]