City Skoda - Basingstoke

DGW

Had a bad feedback noise comming out of the rear speakers even with the stereo turned off and the doors locked.Headed straight round to city skoda it went straight into the workshop and i was told to take a seat and have a free coffee and hey presto 45 mins later problem fixed.Its was a new update to fix speaker noise plus boosting the aerial so now i can listen to radio 2 without loseing the station going under a tree. ;) .Well all i can say is excellent service and very friendly i will be taking the car back for its next service :thumbup: .

• 1 month later...

Bought my new vRS from this dealership - took delivery early December. This dealership is also Mitsubishi and Honda, and as the Skoda salesman (Max) was busy with other eager punters when I went in to place my order I dealt with Phil Bell, who is the overall sales manager but a Honda expert not a SKoda man. However I knew what I wanted and got a good deal, and even ended up getting heated seats and silver roofrails for free on top of the discounts.

Nice people to deal with, although they could have been better at keeping me updated with build progress so I had to call them up for updates every now and then, but pleased overall. I'll be using them for servicing so will report that experience when it happens.

Bob.

• 3 months later...

Not impressed with these guys so far. Went in there yesterday to get a price for a 60k service. "Sorry Sir, the systems won't let me in. Can I take your details and call you?" "You certainly can."

But I'm still waiting for a call.

• 2 weeks later...

You are not alone there...... I went in to see the storeman a while back to get a set of front mudflaps and a rear badge for my 2000 furby (only a 1.4 mpi comfort, so nothing complicated!!!), and at everything i asked for his answer was...

can i have the chassis number of the car?

what for a badge and a set of mudflaps!!! ******.

its not as though he actually knew what he was doing.... they must have matching fleeces out back for which ever marque they are dishing out parts for. Deffo not going there again.

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate remark deleted.

• 2 months later...

i have had the same for a Puddle light for my superb... to the point I had to navigate through their system for them to find the exploded view of the required part (blind leading the blind!!)

stupidly put the car in for a major service, asked for the car to be ready for lunch time (being a taxi driver, time is money etc) went back at lunch time and the car hadn't moved....!!!

eventually got the car back hour and half later... got home, and checked the work (always do after catching different dealer out in past only to find the oil was dirty (no engine flush) and the SAME air filter..!!!! to top it off, they sheared a bolt off the engine cover, and the car was covered in white stuff... to which both were denied by the dealer..!

next day back down there, hour of my life wasted (more money lost) to get my new air filter i had paid for......

complaints to dealer AND Skoda got me no response.... ggrrr!!

I am still waiting for a resolution to my radio reception issue. A year ago almost, the day it opened took it in there and they said I needed a new module or something, 4 months later still no word on what was going on, took it back and they had another look as knew nothing about a module, this time said that it was a download required...months later...still no download news... take it in again they have it for the day...'can't see anything wrong with it will have to speak to skoda'. That was about a month ago.

Question - does everyone else lose signal for Radio 1 everytime they drive to Newbury or Reading (and lots of other places)? I never had isues before, driving all around the country losing signal few times in Snowdonia etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first service done at this outfit a couple of weeks ago as they supplied the car new to me. Since my car is on a variable service regime and has a DPF it HAS to have VW507.00 spec oil. They have a generic bulk drum of oil in their workshop which they told me goes into ALL their cars - that is all the Skodas and all the Mitsubishis they service (they are a dual dealership). However they could not/would not prove to me it met the spec I needed, and all I had was their word for it, and they weren't that convincing when I asked the technical questions. What made me doubt they didn't know one oil from another is that at the end of the service they supplied me with a litre top up oil which was 505.00 spec. I told them that was no good for my engine and the Service Manager said "what makes you think that?", and assured me it was fine and I could use it. I assumed this was a freebie but when I got home I noticed I'd been invoiced for it and didn't even ask for it! I went back and demanded a refund, as I already had a couple of litres of 507.00 anyway. They don't stock 507.00 spec top up oil, so nobody who needs it will get the right stuff if they go there anyway. To top it off they forgot to stamp the service book as well so I had to return again to get that done. Altogether a very bad experience.

By all means buy a car from them - I got a good deal on my new Octavia vRS and was very happy with them on that side. However once you drive it off the forecourt I suggest you never return. They'll never see me for servicing again.

• 9 months later...

Popped in here recently to see if they had an Octy vRS to test drive, they didnt have one and wouldnt be getting one. This dealer is also a Seat dealer and I asked them for a test drive in the Leon FR, same answer of nope, so when is the Leon to be registered so I can test drive i asked, answer back was never as Seat doesnt want to have to many demo vehicles on the road.

Im getting my Octy vRS from Jewsons in Oxford and am reluctant to take it to City for the first service. Maybe a trip to Parkview in Reading is on the cards then.

• 3 months later...

Popped in for some warrenty work got to give them 9/10 for effort as they called to say when the car was being picked up and broght it back 3hrs earlier all washed and cleaned and fixed.Its a first so maybe they have sorted there act out now.

• 3 months later...

Recently had my cambelt done there. Have to say I thought they were quite good. They did some recall work on the ignition coils at the same time and managed to get them to match the price I got at another garage. They dropped the price by £120 to £399. They also cleaned the car prior to me picking it up.

It's a shame to hear about the bad experiences as I was hoping to get my next service there.

• 2 weeks later...

I would use SJB on wade road half the price of the dealers.

I've used them before and they were good, but I found them quite pricey too. Also I've called them a few times recently for a quote and they never call me back so they don't seem to need the business! :wonder:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm just about to start work here. Martyn and the other lads have already started making things better after the previous regime. So maybe try here before going further a field.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken my Fabia into City Skoda a couple of times in the last month and was a little concerned as I'd heard their customer service was poor.

Something has obviously changed, I dealt with Martyn on each occasion and he was extremely helpful and quickly sorted a problem I was having with Renault Warranty.

I couldn't fault the service provided, well done City Skoda!

Steve

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm due to pick up my new Fabia vRS from them at the end of May - excited isn't the word......!

So, I picked it up from them today...

This is copy and paste from the Fabia II section - sorry if it is deemed a double post.

So I picked up my lovely black vRS today, have been eagerly awaiting this day for 12 weeks... Unfortunately it did not go as well as I had hoped.

First the good - the car looks great, feels great and goes really nicely. I did about 60 miles in it today, the engine does feel a little tight, but I was treating her gently so it's a bit difficult to tell how she fully performs just yet. But the ride is good, the gearbox is a dream and I'm very happy with the options i specced and the combo of black paintwork with black wheels and red interior.

So, the bad. The handover today at the dealership was terrible. I had been in on Friday to sign the paperwork, sort out the tax etc and that was all fine. Today was a different story.

The dealer had the car out front, so i had a good look around it whilst the limited number of staff did their best to deal with a number of customers.

This gave me time to realise the car had been barely washed, never mind valeted. The car was covered in dust, transport wax on the lower panels and marks where the plastic wrap had been removed. Worst of all though was the collection of deep scratches over the drivers rear door on the side of the roof panel.

This wasn't all. The list of complaints that I will be sending to Skoda UK is:

• Scratch above RHS rear door
  • Car not valeted (dirty, transport wax not removed, marks at edge of plastic wrap)
  • No handbooks/service book supplied
  • No USB cable for MDI
  • GAP Insurance not arranged (despite being specced/ordered)
  • Car mats not supplied (despite being specced/ordered)
  • Car not fuelled
  • Extended warranty more expensive than promised (was told it was VAT-free as per offer, turns out it isn't)
  • No warning of car delivery (not informed when car had been built so little time to prepare/sell old car)
  • No spare oil supplied
  • No PDI checklist supplied or discussed

Took the shine off the day a bit. The guy in charge was apologetic and did fuel the car (well, paid for me to do it) and promised to order/sort the other things in the coming week. They said they 'have been having trouble with the valeters for a while' and did not at all seem surprised - they had me write a complaint about them there and then, so I don't think this is the first time this has happened. I'm just glad I didn't take the G3 protection as it is the same people that would have done that too.They blamed the mix up with spec and insurance etc on a sales man who they have now 'moved' to their Ford dealership (unlucky Ford!) due to poor performance.

Doesn't instil much confidence in the dealership for future servicing etc. :sweat:

I'm just ticked off. This is a day I had been waiting for a long time to see and it was not a good day in the end.

I think i will be putting pretty much is written above into an email to Skoda and see what they say.

• 1 month later...

I would use SJB on wade road half the price of the dealers.

Had a couple of quotes today for Cambelt, waterpump & service for my VRs CR TDI

City Skoda- £688

SJB- £680

So pretty much main dealer prices. Have to decide who I trust most to do the work

I'm due to pick up my new Fabia vRS from them at the end of May - excited isn't the word......!

would '$hitting oneself at the prospect' fit the bill :think:

See you tomorrow :thumbup:

• Like 1

Had a couple of quotes today for Cambelt, waterpump & service for my VRs CR TDI

City Skoda- £688

SJB- £680

So pretty much main dealer prices. Have to decide who I trust most to do the work

It might be too much of a trek for you, but I'd recommend Abtech in Totton or Independant in Chandlers Ford, both 1/2 hour down the M3.

There's also JKM :thumbup: in Portsmouth, very reputable and site friendly (discount?)

I had a few things done at SJB over the last couple of years when I had my A3 - they have always done excellent work for me, really knowledgeable and friendly - and usually a bit negotiable on price too....! ;)

I have no experience of the service dept at City Skoda but I'm sure you know my thoughts on the Sales dept....  :wall:

• 3 years later...