Can't open the bonnet

Hello,

Just went to open the bonnet and top up the washer fluid. Pulled the lever, felt the cable go tight and a solid pull, but the bonnet is still shut and the level now has no resistance.

This being the first time I've needed to open the bonnet, I can come up with two possible answers ....

Easy answer is that the cable has come away. Difficult answer is that I'm stupid and can't open the bonnet.

Hoping for the first but happy to hear the second ... Anyone got any ideas ?

Of course the dealer workshop is closed now .....

Hello,

Just went to open the bonnet and top up the washer fluid. Pulled the lever, felt the cable go tight and a solid pull, but the bonnet is still shut and the level now has no resistance.

This being the first time I've needed to open the bonnet, I can come up with two possible answers ....

Easy answer is that the cable has come away. Difficult answer is that I'm stupid and can't open the bonnet.

Hoping for the first but happy to hear the second ... Anyone got any ideas ?

Of course the dealer workshop is closed now .....

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't as easy as you might think....

Called Skoda Assist as the car is only 6 months old - RAC guy came out, front nearside wheel off, bits of trim off and he couldn't do it.

Car went to the dealer, Skoda Assist supplied me with a rental car within an hour. Dealer had to smash the black plastic grille to get into the car (apparently, the only other option was to remove the front bumper!). Two days later car was back with a new grille and a new bonnet release cable.....no real problem to me but it seemed like a lot of work for a new cable.

Good luck!

Been a busy few days sorry for the delay ....

Called Skoda Assist and as Chucker says - top blokes but they could not get in. He tried all the normal things - nearside front wheel off - jacked the car up to see if he could get to it front under the engine, etc etc. All to no avail.

Took it to the dealer on Monday morning, unannounced (Winfgs in Peterborough) they could not have been better. Took it straight in - looked at theproblem - dropped me off at the office - picked me up when it was fixed.

Took two and a half hours to fix it seems - all done under warranty

The "problem" such as it is, is that the car is very difficult to break in to "cleanly". The Assist guy was telling me that they have tried and as yet none of them are able to break in to the Superb. One of the main tricks it seems is to "jimmy" the bonnet open and fuse the electrics - however .... if you can't get the bonnet open .....

No wonder my insurance went down !