suspension sqeak

Parul

Hi everybody - need some help regarding a suspension sqeak (more like a rusty spring noise)coming from the front suspension of my 2010 Superb (2.0 crdi) everytime i take the car over a speed braker (which are plenty in my side of the world ! ). Have taken the car to the Skoda dealership (still under warranty) thrice but the problem still persists... First time they lubricated some bushes but didn't work - the second time they changed the jumping rod (stabiliser bar) which was expensive n they charged me as they said that warranty would not cover it (my car has done 25000kms so far) but still no cure - the third time they said its the springs around the shockers which need to be taped as they sqeak but even after that the same noise hounds me. Any advise would be helpful ! thanks in advance...

Parul.

I had the same problem.At first it happend only once in a while,but after a few months it was getting worse at the point that even a small pothole made the suspension squeak.After that,a girl with an Audi A6 hit me and my car was at the dealer for 2 weeks,and after that the squeak was gone(they washed the car about 3-4 times-because they had to paint many body parts).I guess it's because of the dirt,so take it and clean it as Argee says,and insist on the suspension :thumbup:

Borrow a power washer (or visit one) and thoroughly wash the entire front suspension. Turn the wheel on full locks to make this easier. If there is an improvement, repeat the process after testing. Worked for me. :)

Ray

Hey thanks for your suggestion - being a bit of a car buff i happen to have a bosch power washer with me - and gave it a try this morning with the hand gun and twisted spray to reach into the springs well ! It seems to have worked as the said sqeak did not come at all on my morning round to work ! Will wait till the end of the day when the water dries off completely (peak winter here ! ) to see if the squeak sound starts again... good thing is that if it comes again it means its a lubrication issue and will chase it out with a wurth/3M or similar. And if the sound does not come again then we know it was dirt n grime. Thanks so much for your help.

Have not packed the washer away yet - as tomorrow being a holiday will take another shot at washing the suspension in detail !

Hey guys - not the best news - washing the suspension with my power washer helped on both days but only for a few hours (till the time the water dried up) - now am sure its a lubrication issue but would appreciate any help or suggession on how to fix this. One of the attachments i have with the washer has a bottle/nozzle - would it be ok to fill it with some kinda oil/lubricant and spray wash the suspension again ???

Thanks in advance...

I wouldn't do that, Parul - aside from the fact that oil and water won't mix, you'll get oil onto your brakes - definitely NOT a good idea!

The washing has identified that the issue is in one or more of the suspension bushes. I'd try to lubricate each one in turn.

Ray

I wouldn't do that, Parul - aside from the fact that oil and water won't mix, you'll get oil onto your brakes - definitely NOT a good idea!

The washing has identified that the issue is in one or more of the suspension bushes. I'd try to lubricate each one in turn.

Ray

Hi again - n thanks for your response - dont worry - am aware of not spraying on the brakes - even when i used the power washer i removed both wheels so i could get a good shot at washing the dirt off - had sprayed water with caution ! I agree its one of the bushes n i know there on the jumping rod(which is new) n on the arm - maybe i'll try lubricating them with a spray again... early morning time is the worst with the sqeaking sound - reduces as the day gets warmer n the the car has driven a bit...

I still think it's because of the dirt,but I could be wrong.Why don't you use the power washer again and insist on all bushes,and also don't neglect the upper part of the suspension where it connects to the body of the car.There is a bearing that is pretty bad quality,I already changed it twice.Wait until it's dry again and after that,get a WD-40 spray and insist on all bushes,and also on both ends of the spring coils.And don't use oil/lubricant because you will damage the power washer.

I still think it's because of the dirt,but I could be wrong.Why don't you use the power washer again and insist on all bushes,and also don't neglect the upper part of the suspension where it connects to the body of the car.There is a bearing that is pretty bad quality,I already changed it twice.Wait until it's dry again and after that,get a WD-40 spray and insist on all bushes,and also on both ends of the spring coils.And don't use oil/lubricant because you will damage the power washer.

hey - washed it with a pressure washer twice (sat morn & sun morn) - but the squeak returned by the evening - today i removed both front wheels, took a 3m 4way lubricant and sprayed it liberally on the bushes - and the squeak is gone - only thing to see is if it returns in a few hours ! thanks for your response...

Parul.

hey - washed it with a pressure washer twice (sat morn & sun morn) - but the squeak returned by the evening - today i removed both front wheels, took a 3m 4way lubricant and sprayed it liberally on the bushes - and the squeak is gone - only thing to see is if it returns in a few hours ! thanks for your response...

Parul.

Exactly the same problem with my Superb.. Especially during mornings and nights when the weather is cold.. Passing over speed breaker..

Exactly the same problem with my Superb.. Especially during mornings and nights when the weather is cold.. Passing over speed breaker..

Hey guys - been 4-5 days since i lubricated the bushes on the jumping rod & arm with the 3m 4way lubricant and the rusty squeaks over speedbrakers have reduced by 80% ! Am sure when i repeat the spray again it will be gone... What worked was removing the front two tyres & then spraying directly on the bushes...

will post again after a few days...

Parul.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys ! Finally lubricated the bushes one by one & isolated the squeak to the rear bushes of the front suspension arms (each arm has two bushes) - i got under the side of my Superb, took a lubricant spray & liberally sprayed from the back of the front tyres(in line of the front splash guards). I also found out from the skoda dealer that these bushes (rear ones) are fixed into the arms & come as a fixed part of the arms which means that you have buy both arms to change them.

As of now there is no squeak - but it is ever comes again - its a lot easier to get under the car for 5 min N spray them again than going to the dealer...

Regards - Parul Taluja.

• 1 year later...

Hi Parul, I recently acquired a 2010 Skoda Superb V6 which has the same annoying problem that yours had. It would be pretty awesome if you could explain how you exactly got rid of that awful sound the car makes over the infamous delhi bumps.