Anyone got a Quantum remap?

A friend of mine has just became a Quantum Remap dealer offering their Green, Red and Blue maps. Does anyone on here have a Quantum map or and experience of them, I would likely go for a red map as it has been explained to me that my oem map is copied and sent to the Quantum HQ where the keep a backup for you then customise the map for your car and requirements, as i mention i wanted a smooth torque curve as to not kill my standard clutch. They then send you the custom map back and the dealer puts it on your car. The red map offer the most performance a fewer mpg gains, And info on the maps would be greatly appreciated. If i was to not go with this i would probably go to unit 18 and get one as i know how well recommended they come on this site i will just need to save a bit more. Engine wise it is currently standard with 122K if thats of any help. Cheers.

Jordan

I've never even heard of a Quantum Remap!

I'm guessing this is why you are lacking a response. :)

I am curious why you need the choice of three different colours if they take your map away and customise it to your personal requirements.

Sounds like sales nonsense to me, it's going to be custom so who cares what colour it is?

It's just someone doing remaps.

Personally I'd only use a big player because if they screw it up they will look after you.

I do think that its going to be a trip to Unit 18 then!

Thanks BossFox, I believe the three colours refer to mpg gain with the green being the highest economy map, then blue, then red which is more towards power gains. They seem to cover pretty much everything including vans and RVs etc and maybe more tailored for economy maps. Saying that they have over 100 dealers in the UK and i do recall someone having quantum red remap written in their signature but can't think who!

http://www.quantumremap.co.uk/ if you fancy a read!

Thanks BossFox. That is of great help, I would never know where to even start to find out all that information!

Unit 18 it is then! I may save and get them to fit cruise for me at the same time :)