• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 honeyrose

honeyrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 13:48

My Skoda Fabia had a flat battery this week and now I have lost the date time settings etc from the on board computer. I have never had to reset these myself and do not know how to do so. Cannot find instructions in the user manual. Any advice please on where I can find out how to reset these and the computer settings generally?

#2 heners54

heners54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Car:2008 Skoda Fabia 1.2 SE

Posted 25 January 2014 - 16:58

On mine (2008 no maxidot) you twist the trip reset button in the binnacle by the Speedo either left for hours and right for minutes or the other way round, can't remember, rather than pushing it. Hope that's helpful and clear enough!

#3 Outofthi5world

Outofthi5world

Advanced Member

• FREEDOM
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 19:10

Depends what year his Fabia is, if it's like mine (11 plate so post facelift) it'll have the buttons instead of the dial things.

• Otaylor38 likes this

#4 honeyrose

honeyrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 13:29

maxidot? binnacle? Translation needed. When I bought it I think the garage manager showed me the settings by twisting or pressing the end of the stalk on the steering column but to be honest I do not really recall it. 

Edited by honeyrose, 29 January 2014 - 13:30.

#5 PDIBK

PDIBK

Briskodian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Car:Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6 CR TDI "Rossi"

Posted 29 January 2014 - 15:22

Under the central instruments (where the speedo is) you will either have two buttons (one with a folder on, the other with 0.0 on) or the old school push stalk.

Once you are in the computer settings bit, you can jump around the menu with the button on the end of the rght hand stalk (wipers).

Of course, I know how 2010 onwards works - they have the buttons, but if your car doesn't have the buttons, then I am not so sure.

Do you not have the handbook?  Or seached online for a PDF version of the handbook?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: computer