Need info on onboard computer settings and use

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 posts in this topic

My Skoda Fabia had a flat battery this week and now I have lost the date time settings etc from the on board computer. I have never had to reset these myself and do not know how to do so. Cannot find instructions in the user manual. Any advice please on where I can find out how to reset these and the computer settings generally?

On mine (2008 no maxidot) you twist the trip reset button in the binnacle by the Speedo either left for hours and right for minutes or the other way round, can't remember, rather than pushing it. Hope that's helpful and clear enough!

maxidot? binnacle? Translation needed. When I bought it I think the garage manager showed me the settings by twisting or pressing the end of the stalk on the steering column but to be honest I do not really recall it. 

Edited by honeyrose

Under the central instruments (where the speedo is) you will either have two buttons (one with a folder on, the other with 0.0 on) or the old school push stalk.

Once you are in the computer settings bit, you can jump around the menu with the button on the end of the rght hand stalk (wipers).

Of course, I know how 2010 onwards works - they have the buttons, but if your car doesn't have the buttons, then I am not so sure.

Do you not have the handbook?  Or seached online for a PDF version of the handbook?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mattwood1991
      Hi all!

I have just bought a (used) Octavia II 62reg CR SE 1.6 TDI. This trim level has the maxidot display (verified by opening door as suggested in forums), bolero radio and bluetooth connectivity.

My problem is that the maxidot screen only shows phone connectivity status/options and car image when a door is open. The controls for the maxidot in this octavia are the buttons on the windscreen wiper stalk.

When I hit reserve fuel, my mileage range pops up on the maxidot for a few seconds, likewise when the outside temparature drops below 4oC I get an ice warning.

I would like to know if I can scroll between the range/MPG/other options as the main display on the maxidot (as other octavias (and golfs) I have been in, do).

I have attached some images of the options I get on my display below.

As this is my first skoda, I am new to this forum - I have searched and scrolled through to see if my problem has already been mentioned, but I have been unable to find anyone with exactly the same problem as me (Although a few similar problems). If I have missed this please let me know!

Thank you!

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r636/mattwood1991/Octavia%20Maxidot_zpsakvjt2lw.jpg

• By RicardoM
      As you may know, there was a trip computer (TC-6 and TC-6P) made specifically for Skoda Felicia 1.3 and 1.6. According to user manual, the fuel consumption of a Felicia 1.3 warmed-up engine at idle is 0.8 liter/hour.

What do you think of that value? To me that looks way too low. Do you have any measured data?
    • By Ryan96
      Can the trip computer be installed in a mk1 fabia classic? 

i've got another SDI comfort and elegance TDI to get parts from, obviously the clusters will need swapped over, anything else? i'd assume it'll need coded??

cheers 
    • By pmdc199
      I am in Belgium for 3 years and my car UK. Can the MFD be coded or what ever it needs to display the maxi dot in the centre with speed in kmh from the computer?

I realise there is the small one in bottom centre but very hard to read quickly.

Thanks
    • By steveDSG
      I have done a little over one thousand miles in my 2.0 diesel DSG and thought I would give the car a proper MPG test. I filled the car and drove steadily from South Yorkshire to Whitby and back via Scarborough and filled the car again on arriving home. The computer told me I had averaged 59 MPG for the journey, after filling the car up I calculated the MPG based on the amount of diesel used and the true figure was 50 MPG.
      A big difference, the computer claims 20% better than real MPG. My real MPG is decent but I am surprised by how far out the computer is, most of my other cars have been very accurate or within 5%.
      How do your computer figures compare to reality?