Alternatives to G60 flywheel?

OK, so my clutch is goosed, and I'm going to go G60/VR6, BUT! Am I right in thinking that *ANY* 1.9TDi solid flywheel will fit, instead of just the usual ABF/G60 suspects?

Seems anything G60/ABF related on eBay has scene tax on it, but 1.9 TDI Galaxy/Sharan flywheels are 40 quid (which appeals to the cheap ****** in me)

Any definitive answers, before I drop the hammer on something I shouldn't? :)

Anything that uses a 02a type gearbox will have the same flywheel, with the exception of the vr6 engine, vr6 engine has a different flywheel bolt pattern.

so you are looking for mk3 golf or corrado 16v tdi etc. it may not surprise you to learn that a 16v abf uses the same clutch kit as a vr6 engine too.

edit; sorry v5 2.3 litre engine us out too, same as vr6.

• Like 1

There *may* be a few interchanges you can do but I would need to do some digging! it might be possible to use a old school polo diesel flywheel with aef engine code too if you have it machined.

• Like 1

Just looked it up the fabia flywheel is for a 200mm clutch so no good.. Of course the other option is to use the 215mm clutch from a mk4 golf 2.0 8v petrol engine along with it's flywheel, won't be able to hold as much power but it should be good for over 250bhp I'd say.

• Like 1

Bugger, the future hopefully holds a k04 :(

Thanks for the help Tom, I'll just have to suck it up. I refuse to go near Techniclutch, even for their G60/Sachs kits. Too many upset people :(

• 3 months later...