1.9 Tdi Camshaft Cover Breather Tube

I am sorry that this is a very basic enquiry but I have a happy knack of breaking plastic fittings when trying to remove them.

I have an oily deposit around the short, curved braided tube that goes from the camshaft cover to the air intake pipe and it's getting a bit messy. It doesn't look as if it has ever fitted right over the plastic tube on the cover end, and that is as it is shown in my Haynes manual. I got the other end to clip out of the air intake tube which seems to leave a little plastic ring around the neck of the outlet pipe.

I then tried to gently ease the tube off the cover end but it will not budge.

Is the little braided tube a part on it's own and if so what is the proper way to replace it, or if not what do I need to do? 

Thanks

Thanks for confirmation.

Had another go and managed to squeeze the clip fixture to the air intake pipe end and release that, then, feeling reassured that I wasn't likely to break anything  had another pull on the tube and it came off the camshaft cover end.

I know it sounded very obvious now, but I've made some expensive mistakes in the past trying to force things apart wrongly, so learnt better to be sure first.

Cheers