Yeti Offroad in Yorkshire

pepperrell

I guess you could say this is Reveille (the opposite of last post).

My better half has bought a CR140 4x4, ex-Skoda UK. Great car, and she's v v happy. She would however like to learn to drive it in tricky conditions (cross-country, ice, snow, flood) before the event. We're more likely to use it off-road between September and February than at other times of the year, suggesting that a set of winter tyres with more than a gesture to non-road conditions would be sensible. Snow and ice have been a real problem in the past.

1. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where she can be taught such things?
  2. Do subscribers to this forum organise such events, as I can't find any posts?
  3. Can anyone recommend an independent organiser of such events?
  4. What spec and size winter tyres do you guys recommend?

Pep.

There is place not far from me that do just that. Parkwood 4x4. They do a day course which I think is about £150 using their vehicles, cheaper in your own. As soon as I put some winter tyres on my second set of alloys I will be taking my Forester there to learn how to use it.