Front end piece of roof channel trim - snapped!

Had another front screen fitted today (thermal shock from the awesome AC caused the screen to shatter thanks to a stone chip).......

The guy snapped the little plastic doober that fits in the front end of the black roof rail.

PN: 1U6853292

Here's an image (random polish parts website!): http://www.autodilyhh.sk/koncovka-stresni-listy-predni-prava-1u6853292-sk?brand=0

Anyone changed one of these before?

Skoda workshop manual makes it sound very easy. Basically pop up the black roof strip with a plastic wedge, slide out old end cap and slide in new one.

Didn't bother to argue with Auto Windscreens as he did a good job other than that. Hoping a new one is only a couple of quid!

Had another front screen fitted today (thermal shock from the awesome AC caused the screen to shatter thanks to a stone chip).......

The guy snapped the little plastic doober that fits in the front end of the black roof rail.

PN: 1U6853292

Here's an image (random polish parts website!): http://www.autodilyhh.sk/koncovka-stresni-listy-predni-prava-1u6853292-sk?brand=0

Anyone changed one of these before?

Skoda workshop manual makes it sound very easy. Basically pop up the black roof strip with a plastic wedge, slide out old end cap and slide in new one.

Didn't bother to argue with Auto Windscreens as he did a good job other than that. Hoping a new one is only a couple of quid!

absolute piece of cake .

Did that a few times when i did a vinyl wrap on roof.

Un popping the roof trim is a little awkward as you have to use a flat screw driver and kinda prize it out diagonally to avoid putting too much stress on the trim and bend it.

But as you are only inserting the end cap that is just press in and you don't even have to raise trim to fit it if i recall.

• Like 1

absolute piece of cake .

Did that a few times when i did a vinyl wrap on roof.

Un popping the roof trim is a little awkward as you have to use a flat screw driver and kinda prize it out diagonally to avoid putting too much stress on the trim and bend it.

But as you are only inserting the end cap that is just press in and you don't even have to raise trim to fit it if i recall.

Nice one, cheers Bowders.

Looks like I just have to tease the end up by about a cm to replace the front end caps. Nice and easy by the sounds of it then.

Thankfully they are dirt cheap too. £2.14 for both LH and RH.

Lets see how long this screen lasts before I get another massive stone chip! The last one looked like a boulder as it kicked up off the opposite side of a dual carriageway. Scared the hell out of me!

Back to a grey tint top screen now too. Quite liked the green top on my last screen. Matched the brakes!

Nice one, cheers Bowders.

Looks like I just have to tease the end up by about a cm to replace the front end caps. Nice and easy by the sounds of it then.

Thankfully they are dirt cheap too. £2.14 for both LH and RH.

Lets see how long this screen lasts before I get another massive stone chip! The last one looked like a boulder as it kicked up off the opposite side of a dual carriageway. Scared the hell out of me!

Back to a grey tint top screen now too. Quite liked the green top on my last screen. Matched the brakes!

I had a leak in tail gate and took me ages to find it, to eventually being a poor weld in the roof channel under those black roof trims. That's when i first came to see how stupid the made a removal part so tricky.

roof trim

IMG_1283.jpg

this was where my roof weld hole was

VRSroofleak_zps7fe2e1f8.jpg

you can see the white clips that hold trim down.

The roof trim has curved lips that clip over those white plastic brackets. so you have to kinda lever out and up right and left to get both sides free. A long thin flat screwdriver can be inserted at the start of the trim and levered upwards  right then left and you will quickly see what i mean.

IMG_1279.jpg

But as i say you should be able you carefully lever up maybe without even needing to unclip from the first bracket to press in end piece, which i am sure that what i did.. 

• Like 1