Bump Stops

You're in luck if you mean the yellow spongy thing at the top of the shocker AND it's the same part as fitted to a 2006 L&K estate with sports suspension.

I recently fitted new shocks and thought I'd be clever and note down part numbers.

1K0 511 353 F

I've no idea.

You could note current rear tyre/wing gap, jack er up and secure.

Remove lower arm outer bolt, drop arm and remove spring.

Once spring is out, pull the dust cover down from the shocker to expose the damper rod and bump stop, lift tyre to noted position then see if a further 30-40mm will hit the bump stop.

You will definitely hit the stop sooner if lowered, maybe you can buy modified shorter/denser items or just cut a bit off the originals and hope for the best when carrying fat chicks on a pothole ridden road!

Bear in mind an old shocker may well have corrosion/pitting on the damper rod underneath the bump stop, so will be more likely to damage the seals if the damper is working further up its length when you lower it.