Sudden whine/squeel when boosting

iiPaul

I fitted a 1756 and just finished mapping with faboka yesterday when I noticed a high pitched whine/squeel has started as soon as the turbo spools up. I have taken the turbo off today and had a look and everything is good, no damage to the compressor, no excessive play in the shaft. I have put my hybrid back on and running a standard map and it's still making the same noise. So the turbo is fine, what else could it be? Im not sure why but I'm thinking it could be the alternator? http://s970.photobucket.com/user/iiPaul1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trim7DD6BFD1-5EED-4B2F-A25A-1AEBABF83A46_zps704e5c83.mp4.html

Leaking boost somewhere on the pipework?

When i fitted my fmic one of the joints wasnt tight enough and made a noise like when you pull the neck of a balloon and let air out.

Just watched the vid. . Mine sounded exactly like that.

Edited by vrs'burks
  • Like 1

You must be a expert now in turbo removal and fitting!!

Also check the front of your cooler incase a stone/debris has punctured cooler :(

Haha getting there lol! I took vrs burks advice! Put some water on the joins when it was running and there it was! Strange how it held up through out all the logs and suddenly started when I was out, oh well it's sorted now :) thanks for the help.

Now to put the 1756 back on, I miss the power already :D