Monte Carlo Tech Black Edition specifications

jack55

re-posting in this section.....

I have seen several Monte Carlo Tech Black Editions listed with DAB radio.  I didn't think this was available?

Is there more than one standard issue of the Monte Carlo Tech (in black)? (note, specifically the 'tech' edition, not the new 'black edition')

Also, are all the wing badges and door plates branded '2013 Monte Carlo' or do some have the flags rather than the year?  

In short, are there slight differences between the 2013 manufactured and 2014 (inc. DAB?)

Yes, 2013 Tech models do differ from the 2014 ones. Later 2013 models, after July 2013, got ESP as standard along with DAB enabled Amundsen Sat Nav.

I enquired at the time if my May 2013 could have the DAB activated but it can't as it doesn't have the built in module on the head unit.

2014 Montes, including the Black Edition, have just flags on the wing badges and sill plates instead of the model year like mine does.

Apart from these minor details, there's no further differences between the spec.

My Monte Carlo Tech Black Edition was built on the 20th August 2013 and is shown as a Model Year 14 vehicle, the Wing Badges and door tread strips have 2013 on them and the Amundsen unit is not DAB however it does have ESP as standard.

I think the Tech's used up the stocks of pre DAB Amundsen's.

Edited by Prykey

Dont know for sure but I doubt the tech came with DAB as it was never one of the tech equipment highlights.

Over and above a regular Monte they only came with Amundsen+ nav, Maxidot and Bluetooth. Suggestion of MDI also but not 100% on that.

I have a Black Edition 2014 model and it has DAB radio included as standard. Flags on monte badges as mentioned also. 

When was yours built?